Your normal skin care routine won’t cut it in the rains. You need to be more strategic with skin care in monsoon
1 Tomatoes for Skin Care
- Ever imagined that tomatoes can work wonders on your skin?
- The truth is, yes they actually can.
- Tomato juice is can be applied on the skin to keep your skin look fresh, hydrated and rejuvenated.
- The proper way of using tomatoes on your skin is to apply the tomatoes after grating them on your skin and leave them till they dry.
- Then you can wash this pack after half an hour or after it dries. You will actually feel that your skin looks more radiant and fresh as compared to earlier.
2 Water for glowing skin
- Dehydration is one of the main issues faced during the rainy season.
- Dehydrated skin can lead to many unwanted problems, therefore dehydration must be prevented.
- One must drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated and flush away all the toxins which accumulate inside your body.
- The intake of water also reduces the appearance of wrinkles on your skin. No wonder, it helps you look fresh and young.
- For hydrating your skin you can also apply moisturizer, but remember it should not make your skin oilier as oily skin can lead to acne breakouts.
3 Jojoba oil retains skin moisture
- This pack is especially meant for people having dry skin!
- You can prepare a face mask by mixing jojoba oil, honey, and yogurt and apply it all over the face and neck.
- Rinse this pack after five to ten minutes.
- This will keep your skin moisturized and overcome the side effects of dry skin.
4 Avoid heavy foundations and moisturizers
- In the rainy season let your skin breath. Don’t pack it up with heavy foundations and moisturizers which are oil based.
- If you need to put on some moisturizer then make sure it is not oil based and is light.
- Avoid using makeup during the rainy season because it tends to enlarge your pores and also blocks them and prevents your skin from breathing.
- If your skin stops breathing it can lead to severe acne and pimple breakouts.
5 Healthy diet important!
- Your diet always reflects on your skin.
- So, remember not to follow an improper diet. You should eat fresh and remain fresh.
- More intake of fresh vegetables and fruits will help your skin remain fresh and healthy throughout the year, be it any season.
- Therefore, one must make a habit to eat healthy food and maintain a good diet which includes fresh and healthy vegetables and fruits.
6 Smoking & drinking affect your skin too!
- Smoking and intake of alcohol is an all-time disaster. Say a big NO to smoking and drinking.
- Excessive smoking and drinking affect your skin and dehydrates it a lot. If your skin gets dehydrated, it looks dull and dull skin is something that no one likes to live with.
- So avoid smoking and drinking and enjoy healthy and glowing skin.
7 Prevent Fungal infections
- You should always remember that rainy season is the season of fungal infections. Therefore, you should make sure that you keep yourself as dry as you can.
- By dry we mean that you should not be wet in any body part. This simple action even acts as one of the best methods for hair care in the monsoon season.
- To take the best skin care in monsoon season, avoid wetness. This is because, wetness can lead to the growth of fungus and therefore can result in various fungal infections.
- So keep dry and say bye to fungal infections.
8 Cleaning and Toning of Skin
- Cleanse your face regularly.
- Cleansing ensures that your skin remains clean and hydrated throughout the season and this, in turn, brings glow and freshness on your skin.
- After cleansing, toning is also mandatory.
- Use a good toner on your skin to keep the pH of your skin balanced.
- A good toner also closes the pores preventing acne breakouts and get rid you of dark circles.